Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it.
Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
Your customer service manager insures the satisfaction of your clients by providing accurate information at the time of sale, scheduling accurately and providing problem-solving resources when an issue occurs with an unhappy client. This is the first point of contact with a potential client so relationship building is a mandatory skill for the person in this position.
Make a list of all of the duties and responsibilities that you want your Sales/Customer Service Manager to assume. Most companies have one person manage the sales, scheduling, follow-up and billing for each client. The Sales/Customer Service Manager Job Description should include things such as:
• Answer all inbound calls
• Give quotes and present sales script to all inquiries for prices
• Schedule all repeat and one time sales for cleaning appointments
• Invoice daily
• Post cash receipts and prepare bank deposits
• Make next day calls when necessary with 2 hour window of arrival
• Make 3 week and monthly confirmation calls the previous week of appointment
• Pick up all messages each morning and respond in a timely manner
• Make next day follow up calls to all clients serviced for the first time and after the 3rd cleaning visit to determine level of satisfaction
• Resolve all client complaints with professional approach and to the satisfaction of the client
• Other duties as assigned
There are many more duties and responsibilities that will need to be added, depending upon the structure of your company.
Each time a Sales/Customer Service Manager is hired from the outside or promoted from within it is necessary to go over the job description with the employee. Ask them where there concerns are regarding all of the responsibilities. There is a very good possibility this person has not been trained to do all of their responsibilities the way you are visioning they will be handled. Find out from the employee themselves where they feel they need training and then develop a plan of action, by date, to complete their training. Some of the items listed will need to be accomplished through ongoing training.
Job Description – Sales/Customer Service Manager – English
Job Description – Sales/Customer Service Manager – Spanish
Hill Country Harvest: Start Or Grow A Cleaning Business
Orientation Bundle English & Spanish
Orientation Bundle English