ACHIEVEMENT ALWAYS TAKES PLACE IN THE FRAMEWORK OF HIGH EXPECTATION
…CHARLES F KETTERING
WHATEVER YOU ARE, BE A GOOD ONE
All employees like to know what is expected of them and how they will be evaluated. A thorough job description accomplishes this key factor. Because it is written down it avoids any possible misunderstandings. The job description is the guide for accountability for both the employer and the employee. It tells the employer what needs to be trained and it tells the employee what they must learn and perform. A job description starts with a title and the first job description most residential cleaning services need to put together is the cleaning partner job description. The job description should be detailed and cover every expectation of their job, not just cleaning a home.
Compile a list of all of the duties and responsibilities that you will have a cleaning partner perform in your company. This description should include everything that you want them to do and more. A few examples of things that should be included are:
- Be on time each day for work
- Introduce yourself and be friendly and courteous to all clients
- Clean your area of responsibility in all homes assigned to your team each day
- Clean a minimum of 30 client paid hours per week in 40 employee hours or less
- Clean homes with quality guaranteeing no more than 4 quality cancels per year
- Follow methods in CORE training always utilizing apron and top to bottom-left to right system
- Help to maintain cleanliness of company vehicles
- Inform Team Leader of needed supplies on Tuesday and Thursday morning
- Maintain the equipment you utilize in proper working order
- Many more
There are many other duties and responsibilities to list, depending upon the operations of your company. The last item should always be ‘Other duties as assigned’. A job description is typically less than one page.
Review the employee’s job description with them during orientation. It normally follows the reading of the employee handbook. Have the employee sign the bottom of a copy and put it in the employee’s file and give them a copy. Be sure to update job descriptions as changes and additions require.
Ashley Windsor Testimonial – CleanSpace –
Job Description – Partner – Spanish