The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.”
Your Field Operations Manager accomplishes their objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining your cleaners. They communicate job expectations, plan future goals with your cleaners, monitor their quality and efficiency, appraise and review job performance and enforce policies and procedures.
Make a list of all of the duties and responsibilities that you want your Field Operations Manager to assume. The Field Operations Manager Job Description should include things such as:
• Track start and end times for employees and log into computer daily
• Maintain adequate staffing levels on a daily basis
• Handle all worker compensation claim filings and employee doctor relationships
• Go over all customer complaints and compliments with cleaning teams, visiting said team in the field when appropriate
• Interview applicants for employment for Cleaning Partners and Team Leader open positions
• Run advertisements for employees when appropriate and run internal recruiting bonuses when appropriate
• Do in house orientation program and outside training of all new employees involved in cleaning
• Do weekly one-on-ones with your cleaning teams
• Prepare and administer performance/merit reviews on a timely basis
• Facilitate discussion between team members when difficulties arise between the teams
• Keep updated phone list of all employees reporting to you
• Motivate teams to have fun and clean a large volume of homes with outstanding quality
• Promote the mission of our company
• Other duties as assigned
There are many more duties and responsibilities that will need to be added, depending upon the structure of your company.
Each time a Field Operations Manager is hired from the outside or promoted from within it is necessary to go over the job description with the employee. Ask them where there concerns are regarding all of the responsibilities. There is a very good possibility this person has not been trained to do all of their responsibilities the way you are visioning they will be handled. Find out from the employee themselves where they feel they need training and then develop a plan of action, by date, to complete their training.
Ashley Windsor Testimonial – CleanSpace –
Job Description – Field Operations Manager – English
Orientation Bundle English & Spanish
Orientation Bundle English