A LEADER IS ONE WHO KNOWS THE WAY, GOES THE WAY, AND SHOWS THE WAY
JOHN C MAXWELL
LEADERSHIP AND LEARNING ARE INDISPENSABLE TO EACH OTHER
Job descriptions that can stand the test of time by growing with your company require some time and thought. This is an extremely important document in your company. It is the benchmark you will use when evaluating your employees and the benchmark your employees will use when achieving excellence in their position. Your job descriptions for your Team Leaders will guide the direction your company will take.
Make a list of all of the duties and responsibilities that you want your Team Leader to assume. If you have working Team Leaders, as most companies do, there will be some overlap with duties that are given to the cleaning partner. The Team Leader’s list will need to expand to include things such as:
- Introduce yourself and your partners to each client
- Supervise the cleaning of all homes assigned to your team each day
- Liaison between customer and company
- Timely completion of performance and merit reviews on cleaning partners
- Maintain cleanliness and fluid levels of company vehicles
- Call in needed supplies on Tuesday and Thursday morning
- Check all keys and files against check out sheet on Tuesdays and Thursdays and manage keys and files while in your possession, insuring no loss of keys and files
- Motivation and management of cleaning partners
There are many more duties and responsibilities that will need to be added, depending upon the structure of your company. If your company uses individual cleaners to clean each home the Team Leader and Partner job descriptions can be merged.
Each time a Team Leader is hired from the outside or promoted from within take the necessary time to go over the job description with the new Team Leader. Ask them where there concerns are regarding all of the responsibilities. There is a very good possibility this person has not been trained to do all of their responsibilities the way you are visioning they will be handled. Find out from the employee themselves where they feel they are weak and then develop a plan of action to strengthen any weak areas. This is generally accomplished through ongoing training venues.
Ashley Windsor Testimonial – CleanSpace –
Job Description – Team Leader – English
Orientation Bundle English & Spanish
Orientation Bundle English